Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Things I Enjoy


1.      Wrestling

2.      My Family

3.      My Girlfriend

4.      Food

5.      School

6.      Working Out

7.      My Coed Softball Team

8.      My Friends

9.      Fishing

10.  Being Outdoors

 

I really enjoy food, I love cooking it, I love eating it, I love looking at it. I just like it. I really enjoy cooking and baking. In high school I took all the culinary classes that the school had to offer. I was also on the culinary team. I consider myself to be a great chef, but my dad begs to differ. He considers my cooking to be maybe a D+. My dad is a great cook, he learned from his mom (my grandma) and she is a very good cook. My dad helps me a little and give me little tips here and there, but I still like to do it my way. I used to want to be a restaurant owner, after working in a restaurant I do not want to own one anymore. My grandparents are very passionate about cooking, take in mind I had an extended family so this is just one set out of the three sets of grandparents I have. But anyways my grandparents are very passionate about cooking, BBQ to be exact. They do BBQ contest year round and are participating in the Rock n’ Ribs BBQ contest this weekend at the fairgrounds. They cook for every occasion, they cater weddings, church events and even just family gatherings, and they are very good at it. I am not very good at baking, I’m not much of a sweets eater, but I still like to bake. The stuff I bake always looks so much better in the picture they put on the internet. But I try, I prefer to cook non sweet items, like meat, pasta, stuff like that, main entre stuff. Maybe one day I may decide to try owning a restaurant once I’m older, but for now it’s just a fun hobby I enjoy to do in my free time.

 

I suck at fishing, I’m the guy who has the $100 rod and reel who can’t catch a cold. I also get jealous when the people I fish with catch fish and I don’t. I love fishing, I go all the time, and maybe 1-10 times I catch something. Every time I go I expect to catch a record breaking bass and I end up losing about $20 worth of lures in under water snags. Yes I have anger issues when I fish, just last summer I was having technical difficulties so I freaked out, took the rod out of my girlfriend’s hands that she was using, and I snapped it in half. It probably cost me more money to fish than anything. But I love it, I wouldn’t change those times for any amount of money because they are great memories, I love catching fish, but what makes it special is who I go with, and it’s a great time to be with people and just talk about life. I have so many great memories fishing with my buddies, we used to go like twice a week to the lakes and rivers staying out till 1 in the morning not catching anything and going to krispy Kreme at 1 because that’s the only place to get food at that time of night. Don’t get me wrong, I have caught some decent fish, I got a gar once and a sting ray and some nice bass, but I have more problems fishing than anything else. Getting trapped on rivers in the dark and having to walk the canoe back to the dark because the current is to strong. These are the stories I’ll tell my kids one day when I have a family and tell them about my old fishing stories, hopefully my kids will be better at it than me. Fishing is a great past time, it’s defiantly a great hobby and you don’t have to be good at it to do it, just have a good sense of humor, some great friends and family and a fishing pole.   

No comments:

Post a Comment