Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Things I Believe In


I believe…

1.      I like pizza

2.      I like the beach

3.      I like summer

4.      Miracles happen

5.      I’m a good wrestler

6.      I’m strong

7.      I eat healthy

8.      God is real

9.      I live a good life

10.  I’m a good cook

11.  I have the best family

12.  I like hot wings

13.  I’m a good driver

14.  I like to go the gym

15.  I’m a good swimmer

16.  I’m a good fisherman

17.  I love my girlfriend

18.  I will graduate college

19.  I will be successful

20.  I will have a family one day

 

 

 

I believe that I am a good wrestler. In high school I put in the work, I went to the camps I lifted weights almost every day, I went to all the off season workouts I could. I believe in my mind I could have been a Division 1 wrestler, but I never did it. I had the talent, I had the skill, but a mental block in my head kept me from being as good as I could. My senior year was my best year. I finished the season with a 41-8 record. Throughout the season I was ranked 6th in the state. At the state tournament I shut down and didn’t place. They place top 6 I lost in the match to get a medal and was top 8. I missed my goal by one match, 6 minutes, I shut down. But even though I fell short of my goals I always believed I was a good wrestler, because in the practice room I was a beast! I beat the best kids, I had no pressure on me to win cause I knew it was practice. I would try new moves I would wrestle hard and leave it all on the mat. But when It came show time I didn’t wrestle like that. I would go back to what I did best, I never would open up and leave it all out there. It obviously worked most of the time because I was 41-8, but if I would of opened up and not been scared to lost I would have been 49-0 state champion and probably wrestling at a D1 school, like Mizzou. But, being shy and not wresting as hard as I could got in the way and stopped me short of my goal. I think about it every day, I never leaves my mind. I miss wrestling so much because I know I have the skill and the strength and the knowledge of the sport to be great at it, but I don’t know my place in it anymore. It’s probably my biggest personal battle right now. I hope soon I figure out if I go back and do it, I hope so. I believe I’m a good wrestler because I put in the time, it’s my passion, I believed I could have been great. I worked harder at it than anyone on my team in high school and I wanted it so bad that I would force kids to come to off season to wrestle with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment