Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I Believe Essay


I believe in doing what you want in life. I believe if you have a dream, protect it, and don’t let anyone tell you that you are not capable of achieving your goals. It doesn’t matter the size of your goal, what it is, or if it’s even logical, if you believe in achieving something you love, then go after it. Life is too short to not try and achieve what you have always wanted to achieve. If your dream is a chef, go be a chef, if your dream is to be a firefighter, be a firefighter, if you want to be a professional athlete, pick a sport and go after it and never look back. I know it sounds so easy right? Just pick a sport and become a professional just because you like it. If only it was that easy. I know that many of us a mental blocks, I know this because I too have one. We look at all these professional athletes and say “wow their great, their just naturals and didn’t have to work for what they have,” but that’s not the case. Anybody that is great at what they do have done repetition after repetition after repetition of what they are great at. One of my favorite quote from my high school wrestling coach was “when he wakes up he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like you.” This to me means even though we may have an undefeated state champion to wrestle he is still human and has had to work hard and go through the same stuff as us to be where he is today, he just did extra. Another of my favorite quotes is by Eric Thomas, he says “when you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, that’s when you will be successful.” To me that quote is so true, when you are obsessed with a goal and you eat, breathe and sleep with that goal, that is when you will be successful. In order to be great at something you have to be willing to do things other will not. Like get out of bed at 5am to get in a morning workout, or do homework or anything extra you can do to be great at what you love. It may be a long journey and it defiantly will not happen overnight. It may take week, months, or even years before you start to stand out from others at what you do. But I am a firm believer if you set your mind to something, nothing will stop you. Doing what you want it life doesn’t just mean being a professional athlete, that’s just the wrestler inside me speaking. Doing what you want could also mean traveling the world, or owning your own restaurant, or find new hobbies or interest, I don’t know because it’s totally up to you. Personally I could care less to see the world. I’ve seen the beach and that’s where I want to live so I am happy, but if you want to see the world who’s right is it to tell you no? Life is too short to sit around and take orders from people who you really don’t care for too much. One of my philosophies in life is “you have your whole life to work, do what you want to do and who cares about money.” When you did you don’t take your money to heaven with you. I know this philosophy drives my parents nuts, but in a way its true right? Do what you love, obviously do what you have to also, but take more interest in what makes you happy! The money will come. I train a few of my buddies for wrestling and I always tell them they can be a state champion if they put in the work and believe, believe is the key word there. If you don’t believe you can do something then why do it? It’s mental, believe it or not but even though wrestling is a physical sport, 90% of it is mental. The battle is won before either wrestle steps on the mat. I still struggle with believing I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment