Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stress


I could do with less stress in my life, I think that too much stress can take years off your life, but I also feel that just a little stress can be good for you, it makes us feel human. Stress is a reminder that no one is perfect and that everyone has problems. Too much stress can make you a very unhappy person, which could cause you to push people out of your life, which could lead to depression. I guess there is two types of stress, good stress and bad stress. Bad stress being you have to go to work every day to some job you hate, or a loved one dying, etc. Good stress being you have something fun planned at the end of the day and are hoping nothing gets in the way of it. 

 

A conflict I struggle with is deciding what to do with my life, I like so much but have no idea what I want to be. I know I want to finish 4 years of college, but I have no idea what to do. Part of me wants to be a nutritionist, or a teacher, or a fitness coach, or a MMA fighter, or a wrestling coach. But it all seems so hard and seems so out of reach. I feel like I’m in a constant rut and battle with myself. I don’t want to be that 40 year old still living at home not knowing what to do with his life. Out of high school I had it all figured out, I was going to go wrestle in college, then things took a turn and now I’m going in circles with my emotions. I struggle with adversity.

 

Deep inside you know what to do but are scarred to try anything because you don’t want to fail. You need to try something! It’s better than not trying anything like you are right now. So what if you fail? Get back up and keep trying. If you face adversity in your life, join the club, welcome to being an adult. Get back up and keep pushing. Even if you don’t wrestle in college it doesn’t make you a loser. I know you feel like one right now, but you’re not. Don’t let fear stop you, you always said you don’t want to be just some average every day guy, you want to be special, you want to be known for something. Well go get it, keep trying, finish school, you’ll find out your degree along the way, keep working out hard and striving to be the best you can and do something special with your life like you always said you would. You’re not alone, many people have been thrown off course, they either let it get them down, or they step their game up and kick life in the face and say I’m the boss. In life you’re either a wolf or a rabbit, don’t be a rabbit, you promised yourself you would never settle for that, you would never settle for less than what you are capable of. Set a goal, achieve it, set another, and achieve it. Keep on going all the way to the thought.  

 

Kyle I have followed you for years, I know what you are capable of. I’ve always known you’re special and I have been waiting for you to believe it for years. Your parents have always believed in you, no matter what. Right now you are settling for less than what you deserve. Yeah you have been tossed off path, get back on! You’re 20! Be special, show people the real you and go be great, it’s what you’ve always wanted, time to stop wishing and go get it. Get after it Kyle, you’re better that this.

No comments:

Post a Comment